DEFY MEDICAL H.I.V. Patient Assistance Program
- Review of current quality of life (QOL) issues and blood work with physician (i.e., fatigue, sexual/erectile dysfunction, low mood, involuntary weight loss/body changes)
- Depending on diagnosis or symptoms, prescription for medication (s)/supplementation program to improve QOL and performance.
- Provide pharmacy liaison and resources for possible medication reimbursement or discount.
- Management of refills, follow-ups, and blood work. Email/Text reminders will be sent prior to being due.
- Ongoing monitoring of hormone treatment by a licensed medical doctor
- Discounted nutritional supplements, blood work, and specialty medications
- A free PDF copy of “Built to Survive” by Nelson Vergel. This is a comprehensive book on anabolic therapies, nutrition and exercise for HIV wellness and longevity
What does it take to qualify for the program?
Patient Requirements (Documents to be provided to Defy):
- Complete and submit your health questionnaire and release forms. Download
- Send us your recent blood work including total testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol, hematocrit, chemistries, PSA. Click here for test details. If you are unable to obtain these blood tests through your PCP, Defy Medical can order the blood tests for you.
- It is a requirement that all Patients must have blood tests run again at week 8 and week 24 after beginning therapy. Tests to include Testosterone Free and Total, Estradiol, Hematocrit, and PSA.
- To begin therapy, you must have a baseline testosterone of under 500 ng/dl along with having symptoms of deficient testosterone as detected in the ADAM questionnaire.
- Proof of HIV infection either via Elisa/Western Blot/ PCR or a letter from their physician. If not available, patient has to prove they are taking HIV medications by providing copies of pharmacy bills with medications shown in it.
- For Anabolic therapy including Nandrolone and Oxandrolone, you must show an involuntary loss of 10 percent of your usual weight.
- HIV viral load under 50 copies/ml
- You must have a physical exam which has been completed within the past year. Results of this exam should be provided to Defy Medical. If you do not have a current physical exam, please use the Request for Physical Exam located within the New Patient Paperwork. This can be taken to your medical provider (MD, DO, ARNP, PA-C) to request your physical exam.
- A valid credit card on file
Failure to comply with any of the above stated requirements will result in discontinuation of patient assistance and treatment.
What is the Cost?
An initial fee of $80.00 will apply for patients to begin subscription to the HIV Patient Assistance Program. This is a one-time charge at the beginning of treatment.
Thereafter, a charge of $35.00 per month* will apply to remain on the program. Services outside the scope of the monthly subscription can be added at additional cost.
The staff at Defy Medical commits to providing the following ongoing services:
- Creation and maintenance of an online confidential patient portal
- A physician review of the patient profile, labs, and a treatment plan
- Ongoing digital chart monitoring
- Access to private online HIV blogs where patient can research and ask questions from an HIV expert
- Dedicated response team to patient questions via email within one business day
- Automatic medication refill and blood work reminders
- 20min follow up consultation with qualified medical provider every 6 months
- 25% discount towards all Defy Medical nutritional supplements, blood tests, and additional consulting
- Automated monthly payment so budget can be set by the patient
- Free enrollment into the WellCard Benefit Program as part of being a patient of Defy Medical. Learn more: www.wellcardhealth.com
- Prescriptions sent to the pharmacy chosen by the patient. If you do not have a pharmacy, we can provide discounted medications which will be shipped to you directly from one of our licensed pharmacies.
Our goal is to provide evidence based medical advice and a prescription for medications. Defy Medical has partnered with compounding pharmacies who have adopted our patient assistance program and will offer the most competitive prices on medications. If you do not have a pharmacy which can provide your medications, please contact Defy Medical for a pharmacy referral.
Additional services will warrant additional charges.
*This cost will never increase and you may cancel at any time, please provide a 30 day notice to cancel your monthly charge
Why should someone subscribe?
Many people with HIV have access to federal drug assistance programs that have limited the number of non-antiretroviral medications in their formulary due to cuts in funding.
These patients usually have to pay out of pocket for such medications or cannot get prescriptions they need due to limitations in their health care system.
Some people have very restrictive insurance plans which prevents them from accessing therapies to improve quality of life and overall health.